Friday, May 20, 2011

86' Quest Stock Intake MPI?

I'm thinking on doing an MPI conversion on my Black Quest but using the stock intake manifold.I know that the stock intake is not the best one to go mpi because of the desing,flow etc but i don't want a 600hp car i want a 300hp mpi reliable Quest without invert to much money, so' thats what im thinking,plus im going to use the stock intercooler and pipes in the stock locations not going to relocate the battery etc.Apart of all that i'm thinking on using a DSM OBD-II Wiring Harness, i'm not thinking on using standalone i have a bunch of experience on DMS's so' that's what i have on my mind for this project!

I'm thinking on something like this!Modifiying the stock flange, sealing the egr ports and using a Ford 5L Throttle.

----------------------------------------------------

Or something like this,using the stock throttle body but with a custom modification to fit a fuel rail on the top and seal the stock two injector location.


----------------------------------------------------

Other option that is in my mind is using the stock TBI with a standalone ecu like mega squirt,i have made 300hp with TBI in various G54B's,so' that's no problem.

1 comment:

  1. This is a awesome idea and you should update this again to let everyone know your progress. I have an 88 Starion restored.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete